SIMOGEAR geared motors
Precise and powerful drive systems for the optimum flexibility
Our extensive range of geared motors ensures that you will find the optimal product for your needs. With the new SIMOGEAR you will benefit especially from its ability to deliver the highest level of flexibility due to our wide range of gear units, total adaptability and compact design. We also supply servo geared motors for Motion Control applications.
SIMOGEAR reluctance geared motors
SIMOGEAR synchronous-reluctance drive system consists of SIMOGEAR standard gear units, SIMOTICS synchronous-reluctance motors and SINAMICS frequency converters. By combining the aforementioned products the customer benefits especially from the efficiency class compared to IE4, which scores with higher efficiency and lower losses, especially in a partial load than to comparable asynchronous motors. Highly energy efficient, the motor heats up less and provides a high operation reliability due to its excellent thermal behavior. Because of that high service factors are achieved. This solution also boasts with high dynamics thanks to the motor’s lower moment of inertia and optimized control. Commissioning is established quickly and easily by entering the motor code into the converter. The constant torque-speed characteristics up to the rated speed make an external fan redundant. In the drive system, all components are perfectly coordinated together.
- Siemens is expanding the SIMOGEAR portfolio which meets customer requirements as well as market standards regarding mounting dimensions.
- Shorter and compact design together with fine torque graduation is a standard for the SIMOGEAR gearboxes.
- Coupled with SIMOTICS reluctance motors and SINAMICS frequency converters, the new drive systems with an excellent operation appea
- Overload capacity of up to 200%.
- Without permanent magnets the synchronous-reluctance motor is easier to service than synchronous motors with permanent magnets.
- The SIMOGEAR reluctance geared motor add to the robustness of the whole system in different environmental conditions.
- Optimum functionality of the drive system is provided by the interaction of the reluctance motor, gear unit, and converter which are precisely matched to each other.
- The system boasts with high dynamic performance through optimized control and low moment of inertia.
- SIMOGEAR reluctance geared motors exceed energy efficiency IE4.
SIMOGEAR KS adapters
Siemens expands its portfolio of servo geared systems when offering a new coupling adapter especially designed for SIMOTICS servomotors. It is a flexible solution which enables connection to the various SIMOGEAR gear unit types with defined SIMOTICS servomotors. It is both adaptable and compact. This solution enables to link different gear unit types to various SIMOTICS servomotors rather than using a separate dedicated adapter for each motor, so it radically simplifies handling. The benefits of the adapter solution itself include shorter downtimes and lower costs due to simple installation and removal, optimized stock keeping and a backlash-free design enabling connection with no feather key as standard for high-precision
applications. The solution is particularly suited for use in applications involving stringent demands in terms of precision, positioning, dynamics, compactness and weight.
SINAMICS G115D is not just a new distributed drive, but a complete drive system. SINAMICS G115D comprises a motor, frequency converter and gearbox and is available in two versions. This user-friendly, modular and versatile solution offers dedicated features for conveyor applications, and has an innovative design to make connecting up, commissioning and service very easy. With SINAMICS G115D, you benefit from an out-of the-box concept for easy handling, fast set-up and extremely simple operation. This all-in-one solution means that it can be easily integrated into existing automation environments.
The most important advantages:
- Complete system, extremely easy to configure and install
- All components included and preconfigured from the factory
- Full TIA integration and MindSphere connectivity
SIEMENS is offering the compact and versatile geared motor solutions that can be optimally integrated into the drive train. Always both precise and powerful. More flexibility, more power, a more standard approach – these are the expectations of the sector, especially in conveyor technology.
SIMOGEAR gear motor delivers performance from 0.09 kW up to 55 kW. It can achieve a gear unit torque up to 19.500 Nm with helical, parallel shaft, helical bevel and worm geared gear units, additional types and sizes. Due to accordance to the current measures, SIMOGEAR is compatible to many other suppliers of geared motors. The new series of SIMOGEAR geared motors is 1:1 compatible to the general standard in the market, and can therefore be simply integrated into existing or new machines and systems.
Reluctance geared motors boast with extremely high energy efficiency, especially in partial load. The motor efficiency is comparable to IE4. They are very easy to service thanks to the synchronous-reluctance solution. They can reach precise speed even without encoder. It is possible to achieve high permanent overload in high speed range. The synchronous reluctance solution allows for application in many different fields and with the major technical benefits compared to a standard asynchronous solution. The SIMOGEAR reluctance geared motor is particularly suited to conveyor technology and general machinery systems where the application with high energy efficiency is demanded. Together with the right converter, the portfolio is very extensive. The system is typically used for rollers, chains and belt conveyors within the baggage and cargo handling facilities at airports. It also fits within warehouses and distribution logistics and in postal and packaging. It is commonly used in hoisting gears, scissor lift tables and monorail conveyors as well as in rollers, chains, belts and skids used in the automotive industry.
In addition to versions with integrated motors, the SIMOGEAR series is also available with motor adapters for the use of various motors. Due to the specially designed traction group the whole variety of Siemens motors can be mounted. That is true for asynchronous as well as synchronous motors. With the new developed short coupling adapters the right geared motor are provided suitable for every application. SIMOGEAR adapter currently include:
- IEC motor adapters – there are two possibilities for the mounting of IEC standard motors. We suggest the short adapter K4 for universal use and the coupling adapter K2 for more sophisticated use. The adapters can be mounted on all types of SIMOGEAR and are in accordance with the dimensions of the IEC standard flange (B5).
- NEMA motor adapters – there are two possibilities for the mounting of NEMA standard motors. We suggest the short adapter K5 for universal use and the coupling adapter K3 for more sophisticated use. The adapters can be mounted on all types of SIMOGEAR.
- Motor adapters for servomotors – the adapters for servomotors are based on three versions. The first one is the new KS adapter available for SIMOTICS S-1FL6, S-1FK2, S-1FK7, S-1FT7, M-1PH8 and is extensively widening the SIEMENS drive system portfolio for the servomotors. Other two are the KQ adapter which designed for the SIEMENS SIMOTICS S-1FK7 and SIMOTICS S-1FT7 synchronous servomotors. The third type is K8 adapter available for SIEMENS SIMOTICS M-1PH8 asynchronous servomotors.
When developing SIMOTICS S-1FG1 servo geared motors, special emphasis was placed on the optimum coordination with the SINAMICS S120 drive systems. Motors, converters and commissioning tools are optimally coordinated and harmonized with one another. The system can be quickly commissioned as a result of the electronic type plate and the fact that the motors are connected via the DRIVE-CLiQ system interface. Prefabricated MOTION-CONNECT signal and power cables mean that the components can be simply and perfectly connected with one another.