- Split plummer block design allows for easy mounting and dismounting of pre-assembled shafts.
- Sealing options — NSK offers a range of sealing options including oil seals, labyrinth seals, or heavy-duty taconite seals.
- Case end covers are available.
- Multi-relubrication points are provided to ensure relubrication of the bearing depending on orientation.
- Housing are supplied with spacer rings in order to provide axial location. Those can be omitted for “free end” axial front.
SN5 and SN6 types are the most common type, which are provided for in JIS B 1551, ISO 113/II, and DIN736, 737. SN30 and SN31 types are medium size and their shaft diameters are bigger than that of SN5 and SN6 types. For these types, a bearing is mounted with the use of an adapter.
These are large size and for heavy-duty application. They have dual structure oil seals. For these types, a bearing is mounted with the use of an adapter.
This is a dustproof type, and this was developed by NSK. It has a combination of oil seals, labyrinth seals, and oil groove seals; therefore, it is suitable for environments with dust and other foreign matters.
For this type, a bearing is mounted with the use of an adapter.
SN2C and SN3C are the types that the bore diameter of one side is smaller than that of SNa2 and SN3 respectively, and they are provided for in JIS B 1551. For these types, a bearing is mounted with the use of a nut and washer.
Pillow blocks with bearings mounted in rigid housings of simple construction are the most common bearing units. They are extensively used for various kinds of transmission equipment and machinery.
These bearing housings have square flange which can be easily attached to a machine with four bolts.
With its simple mounting face, this bearing unit is widely used.
These bearing housings have oval flanges which can be easily installed onto a machine with two bolts.
This type of bearing unit is suitable where mounting space is limited or where it is necessary to minimize the distance between shafts. The distance between bolt holes of an oval flange type is generally equal to the distance between bolt holes diagonal position of square flange type.